Friday, 24 October 2008

Photos - maybe...?









HUZZAR!! A high-speed internet connection on my laptop - YAY!

OK - excitement over. Right, welcome to my house! I'll try and put a few more up whilst it's working. Be right back!

Wow - I CANNOT believe I've actually managed to get photos up! Yay! That's made my weekend.

Right, oh yes - Hello everyone!

OK, so sorry it's been a while since my last post - I've been REALLY busy - life has well and truly gone nuts over here workwise. So I'm pretty much back to my normal lifestyle just with heat and mosquitoe bites to contend with... OK, quick rant - how is it that the mosquitoes know how to go under your clothes to get you? Hmmm? Who taught them that trick? It would appear that it's all well and good putting the repellent on to the exposed skin in the evening for most people, however I have gorgeous blood and the little ***s are after me all day long... ggrrrr!

Right, whinge over - and I have to admit, that is my biggest whinge - everything else is going really well. The people are lovely, work is challenging but good overall - I'm learning a huge amount and I'm having a lot of fun too. Am going to pick up my new African skirt tomorrow - yay! Also thanks again to all who have e-mailed - I do love getting your mails (even about the stuff you think is boring!)

Erm, a few people have been asking about food - well Ghanaians seem to eat a lot of carbohydrate types - rice, kenkay, millet... and then some very oily sauces with a little bit of meat (if you're lucky). I've tried quite a few different things and some I like, some I don't - however you need not fear. I am not starving by any stretch of the imagination! Breakfast is porridge or toast (yes we have a toaster - we are the envy of many of our friends!) Lunch is either whatever the kitchen at the college has cooked or more toast. Socialising is a big thing here, so everyday (well most days at 2pm) the staff are provided with lunch and we have a natter. Then in the evenigns Jennette and I cook some of vegetable thing with a tomato or cheese sauce or a stir fry with spices, curry... that sort of thing. Sarah - another volunteer baked scones yesterday and they were GORGEOUS - tetleys tea and a scone with jam - yum yum!

Anyway, time to go, hope you are all well and like my house!

Sam xxx

No comments: