Hey everyone, Long time no write. I was back in England for a couple of weeks and then had a friend come out to visit so was busy showing him around and now I’m back at work. And no – that’s not why I’m writing a blog, (Eric!) but rather to tell you about something that started way back in September. I ran the Nottingham half marathon before I came back to Ghana to raise funds for the Babies Home in Sirigu and then to buy science resources for some of the local schools.
Well last term I was busily spending money at the Babies Home and then working with the students at my College to make some resources (otherwise known as TLMs in Ghana – Teaching and Learning Materials) for the schools. So whilst I was back in England in February I bought a whole load of science resources which meant by the time I flew back to Ghana I had 2 huge suitcases of science resources and various other things which I was bringing back for myself and other volunteers! Thanks to Oliver for carrying the extra luggage for me – much appreciated.
So when I upload onto this website I can never quite get the photos to go where I want them on the page so I’m just going to write descriptions of them and you can match them to the pictures for yourself. I’m also going to try and be really clever and upload a video as well, but we’ll have to see if the internet connection’s going to be strong enough to facilitate that…
- Teacher using resources to teach
- Resources for the Primary School
- Resources for the Junior High School
- Students from the Primary School holding the resources
- Students from the JHS holding the resources
- Staff from the Primary School with the resources
- P6 student making an electrical circuit with a motor
- Film of P6 students making a magnet using electricity - look how excited they get!
Huge thanks to everyone who sponsored me – I was in the Primary school with the two year six classes in the photos yesterday and the children had an absolute ball making the magnets and circuits. They’ll remember those bits of the curriculum! They also said to send their thanks your way as well. Sam x
No comments:
Post a Comment