Saturday, 13 September 2008

1 day to go! *Packed and ready to go!

So, this time tomorrow I will be up in the air... can't quite believe it! I've spent the past couple of months preparing and saying a thousand goodbyes and now it's actually time! Thanks to everyone for the texts, e-mails, phone calls and visits - it's been absolutely great catching up with you and I will REALLY look forward to seeing you all again soon (well vaguely)!

Anyway I have learnt how to attach photos - so I thought I'd let you into a little secret! Packing for 2 years when you are allowed one bag of 23kg and then 2 bits of handluggage (one of which is my motorcycle helmet) is HARD! It was a real trauma to be honest, but the following picture shows what I hope to sneek through at Heathrow - I'm just about within the weight limit for the suitcase; hand luggage might prove interesting though! (You would not believe how heavy my backpack is...)



Anyway, best go - time to go and do something useful, I forget what!
Take care, Sam x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you are now officially a snail...but with a multi-storey appartment on your back!

Smile sweetly at customs officers and hide hand luggage behind your back- I'm sure they won't notice!

Can't wait to hear about your exciting adventure and journey there!

Stay safe and be inspirational, both of which you are an expert!

See you "vaguely" soon! :-(!
Soph x

Anonymous said...

ahem...primary school teacher: *apartment! Sorry! x