The regional capital of L’Extreme Nord and a really nice city from what I can see – a multitude of moto taxis whiz past you at every turn but it seemed pretty chilled well apart from the queuing for almost two hours to get money from an ATM… (apparently it was pay day – but seriously, 2 hours!) But there are also exciting things like swimming pools, yummy burgers and the internet in Maroua which was great. However saying that Lizzie, one of the other VSO volunteers in Yagoua has just got a wireless modem which seems to work brilliantly, so I think I’ll have to investigate that option!
I also got to meet all of the other volunteers Grahame works with which was cool and we did some hill walking – Mount Maroua and then the obligatory parties and dinners. However, flipping ‘eck – sitting round on your bum for a month is not good for fitness levels… got to the top of this small mountain and seriously I was red in the face and pretty dead.
No comments:
Post a Comment