Hey all,
So another busy week in Navrongo town! Work’s busy and going really well; I’ve got a bit of a mad week coming - teaching all my normal lessons and then some of my colleagues as he has to go to a workshop in Tamale for the week. I’ll be hitting six hours of teaching a day! Which I know doesn’t sound like a lot, but this heat makes it a bit of a challenge shall we say… Anyhu, I don’t need to justify myself to you!
OK, my next topic for my ‘fun facts about Ghana’ is sleeping! Ghanaians all get up ridiculously early (I had someone banging at my gate at 6:30am last Friday – I didn’t move a muscle) to enjoy the cool temperature at that time but it does mean that by midmorning they’re often quite tired and you’ll find them sleeping in the most uncomfortable positions you’ve ever seen – it really is quite impressive! For example – you’ll always see people asleep on hard wooden benches, slumped over their desks (yes at work!)or laying across their motorbikes as demonstrated by my friend Mary – apparently it really hurts…
Right, time to love you and leave you; hope you’re all well.
Love Sam xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment