Monday, 26 October 2009

Oh no the gas has run out…


So, my next little instalment for you on life in Ghana – gas! Or rather lack of it… I was busy cooking myself egg and bread (ah I’ll explain that another day and talk about all types of food – I’ll try and take some pictures over the next few weeks) anyway, long story short – the gas ran out.

(Just as an aside - I’m really quite lucky because I actually have a complete hob/oven combo whereas a lot of people just have the hob.)

So question – how does one fix this problem? Well the cooker is fuelled by a cylinder of gas so you have to get it refilled, so next question - how do I get it to the gas station? On the back of my motorbike of course! It is absolutely stunning what Ghanaians and people in all the African countries I’ve been to can load onto a bike and ride (I saw a family of five on one today!) And I’m pleased to report my riding has improved thus that I can take bigger loads too – keep watching and you’ll never know what I’ll be able to carry next! (Although, I still need to work on the whole carrying things on my head option…)

Hope you’re all well.

Sam xxx

No comments: