Hello one and all,
So it’s Halloween – so how’d you spend such a day in Ghana?! Well a Halloween party for sure, but what about during the day?
Well in honesty I don’t know if there actually are any traditions but we had an interesting day that’s for sure. I think I’ve told most people about the Babies Home in Sirigu, in fact I think I wrote a blog about it a while back so if you want to know the ins and outs flick back a few months and you’ll find all the information. Anyway, we went out there today and spent the morning drawing all over the walls of their new classroom block which was financed by various donors in Ireland and Germany last year. However, the Sister in charge being the teacher that she is wanted to put the alphabet and numbers on the walls to help the children’s learning, but alas the posters would not stay up so we offered to come in and paint them on.
So today we spent a merry day drawing everything on in chalk and then next week the plan is to go and paint it all. Now, you’ll be glad to know that I wasn’t given any difficult drawing to do – I just about managed to bubble write the numbers 1-10, then draw various shapes and oh yeah I wrote the alphabet out – capitals and small letters. (The girls have obviously spotted my lack of artistic talent!) Oh yeah and I had the very important job of holding the poster of the map whilst Sarah drew – about my level me thinks.
Oh yes – for those of you who sponsored me to run the Nottingham half marathon on September 13th – yes I did complete it – 2 hours, 16 minutes and 33 seconds – woo hoo! Anyway, I am using some of that money to buy the paint/paint brushes/white spirit we will be using – once I know how much I’ve spent I’ll e-mail people and tell them that their money is gone and show them photos of the end product!
Right, enough waffle – I hope you enjoy the photos.
Much love, Sam x
No comments:
Post a Comment