

So Christmas in Ghana – what of it? Well it all started on the 16th December (I think this is the longest Christmas holiday I’ve had EVER!) having spent three solid days marking exam papers – 151 to be exact – hideous, I do not envy secondary school teachers… I then embarked on a 16hour bus journey down to the capital Accra to meet Grahame from his new flight (originally he’d been flying into Ouagadougou (pronounced Wag-a-do-goo in Burkina) but his flight got cancelled the day before – TIA!) which was fine, but boy did I get a numb bum and man for a really warm country the air conditioning on the bus was lethal… thought I might freeze during certain parts of the journey! Anyway, I eventually got to Accra at about 1:30 in the morning.
We then spent a couple of days in Accra just dosing around and eating very exciting food stuffs like cheese! I’d not eaten cheese since September so that was nice. It’s amazing how you can get so excited about stuff that so normal at home. Next went headed up to Kumasi (Ghana’s second biggest city) and spent a couple of nights at an absolutely gorgeous hotel by Lake Bosomtwe (yes it is pronounced the way you expect it to be) where we stayed in a beautiful little traditional bungalow. (See above!)
No comments:
Post a Comment