Saturday, 17 January 2009

Christmas Part 5 - New Years at the beach!

My goodness, I’m waffling on forever – sorry; I’ll try and wrap it up! Next we did the long journey down to the coast which involved more buses at ridiculous times of the day, but it all worked well. We then meet up with a load of other VSO volunteers at a beautiful little resort on the coast at Butre called Ghana Spirit which was gorgeous – a really idyllic spot run by a really nice English couple. So New Years Eve was spent on the beach – chicken curry, palm wine (oh my goodness…lethal stuff!) dancing under the stars and a big bonfire on the beach – New Year on the beach is fab – I would definitely recommend it. We stayed at Ghana Spirit for another couple of days and had a great time swimming in the sea, playing tennis and walking along the beach… it was great.

By now we were on the last leg of the journey – back to Accra we went and spent a couple of days going to hotels with nice swimming pools, the mall (you could have been anywhere in the world!) we even went to the cinema. Generally just having a nice time before Grahame headed back to Cameroon. So all in all – one fantastic holiday – I’ll try and attach some of Grahame’s photos when I post this on my blog – see if the internet’s playing ball! I feel really lucky to have this opportunity to travel and see these beautiful places. Ghana’s not renowned for having any huge tourist attractions but there certainly are some beautiful places which are worth visiting. So if any of you fancy visiting I know some lovely places to take you!

Right, I’ll finish now. (“About time too!” I can hear you cry. Lol.) Happy New Year – I hope it’s a good one for you all.

Much love, Sam xxx

No comments: